Sunday 4 May 2014

In Case You Wanted To Know....

What made you want to start this blog?

In all honesty, it's something I've been meaning to do for a while. A little nudge in the right direction from a friend recently is what made me finally pull my finger out! Firstly, I love writing. I was one of those geeks at uni who genuinely loved writing essays no matter what the subject was on. I'd spend more time cutting down the wordcount than actually writing the essay in the first place. Secondly, I have a genuine interest in health & nutrition and love trying new places to eat; the weirder, the better. Therefore, I thought I'd combine the two together...et voilĂ !

What do you do in the real world?
I'm a food safety manager for a company in London. My degree was in Nutrition and Food Science, so the food science part of that comes into the job quite a lot.

What's been your favourite food experience?
Tough question considering the extensive list to go from! (I love food!!) I think the weirdest experience would've been years ago when we went to a restaurant in Germany called Sydney's. The menu consisted of shark, emu, kangaroo and alligator so not exactly a typically British offering! I love seafood though so anywhere which has a decent seafood menu is always going to win in my eyes.

Any kitchen disasters?
Too many. The first time I tried to make sushi a few years ago, the rice ended up in a congealed mess stuck to the pan. Fail. I've baked many cakes which look more like flatbread than cake. Fail. However, I do make an amazing lemon cheesecake so it's not all bad.

Do you have any secret superfoods?
OK the nutrition background in me doesn't believe in the term "superfoods" for a start! However, I tend to carry around a pot of raw mixed nuts and some dried fruit during the day at work as a healthy alternative to crisps or chocolate. Nothing mind boggling...I generally think the simpler you keep foods, the more naturally healthy they tend to be.

What is your fitness routine?
I try to go to the gym at least 3 times a week. I'm a creature of habit so tend to stick to the same routine which I probably need to change now! However, one of the things I love best about living in London is how easy it is to try random exercise classes that you wouldn't normally think of. I'm currently on a bikram yoga trial and am doing an aerial silks class in a few weeks. I'll probably break my neck but at least it'll give me something to write about!

Nic
 X


No comments:

Post a Comment